Thursday, April 22, 2010

Need a Couch Day?

Today my friend Angela posted a card on her blog that used pinks and yellows together. That color combo made me so happy I had to make one of my own. I used OMC and OMCA, plus the new PTI set, Chair-ished (for the floor lamp). I die cut the couch from Lemon Tart Bitty Dot DP and then stamped it with the outline couch in Berry Sorbet. I took a blender pen and dabbed it on the Berry Sorbet ink pad and colored the feet of the couch. I stamped the rug and pillow in BS. I stamped the lamp twice on my panel, once for the top and once for the bottom, because it wasn't as tall as I wanted it to be. I stamped the shade on Bitty Dot Sweet Blush and cut it out and paper pieced it. Popped the couch up on foam tape, added the wire clip (from Mike's--a perfect match to Sweet Blush) and ribbon, and the sent. On the inside it says "potato optional". Card base is Lemon Tart, layer is Berry Sorbet. I love these colors together and will probably be using this combo a lot more. Hope you've enjoyed it too!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Chris said...

this is very cute, great color combo!!

Banu said...

WOW..very very cute. Loved the color combo. You did awesome job with that die and stamping the outline image on it :) That clip adds a neat touch.

Susan said...

LOVE this card!! The more I see OMC the more I want it. You always do a fabulous job with this set!! I still drool over one that I received from one of our PTI swaps. This color combo is great! And so cheery and perfect for spring.

Susan said...

What I was trying to say is that I drool over a card that you made with OMC that I got from a PTI swap. Long day. lol!

Angela said...

This looks so fresh and pretty! Love how your have used the DP; the dots look fabulous! I also love that berry ink on the yellow....

Jen said...

Such a bright cheery color combo! One of my favorites! Lovely card...I enjoy what you did with the ribbon in the corner!

Rebecca said...

Isn't it great to be inspired, and then come up with a fabulous card!!! I love how you did the lamp, the rug and the little pillow. What a great card.

Unknown said...

I was here the other day and could not leave a comment I love this color combo and your creation. How do you like the PTI dies? Can you share with me how you use them stamp first then cut out or cut the image then stamp? I want to put them on my list but would like to know your thoughts.
paschal.sara@gmail.com

Great job!

Pam W. said...

Love this. I see why it is one of your favorites.

Kristie W. said...

This is really cute! Love the colors you used.