Wednesday, May 29, 2013

TP Roll Mini Album--Picture Heavy Post!!!

I joined a swap on the Cricut MB to make a toilet paper roll mini album.  There are SCADS of tutorials for this on Youtube, so I'm not going to go into the construction too much.  You paint the rolls, including  the inside of one end for about an inch to an inch and a half.  When dry, flatten them with an iron or your Big Shot.  You can either seal the unpainted end with red line tape, but since I used my Bind It All to bind it, I figured that would be sealed enough to keep the tags in.


I used Graphic 45's 8 x 8 French Country paper pad.  Ordinarily I don't care about French Country, but this paper is gorgeous!  I love anything with sunflowers.  My partner likes vintage stuff and I figured this qualifies LOL.  This is the front cover.  I used one of SU's Antique brads for the embellie.


I made a little pocket on the inside of the front cover.  Tags are cut at 2" from the Art Philosophy cart.  Then I die cut the bottoms and embossed.  You can see a better pic at the end.  I used DMC for the fiber, and there is ribbon tied around the other page.  


Here I used torn paper to form little pockets on the corners.  A bottle cap and a photo turn are the embellies used here.  Sorry for the blurry pic.


The left hand page is an accordian page.  On the right I used one of SU's fancy builder brads.  It has a tiny bee stamped in More Mustard.



Close-up of the accordian page and...



all folded out.




Hard to tell in this pic but there are two clips with ribbon in opposite corners.




Another ribbon-tied page and SU's Sizzix scalloped envelope die with two more Antique brads and some linen thread for the closure.



Open.  You can barely see the tag inside.  




Back cover--no embellies.




Tags.  The one on the bottom left is the one that goes in the envelope.  The two above it go in the pocket in the front.  The rest are from the paper pack.  This side mostly has lines, so I figured they can be used for journaling.



The flip side of the French Country tags.  

I mailed these off today.  Hopefully she should get them by Sat.  Thanks for dropping by today, have a good one!








4 comments:

Jen said...

LOVE this! It's beautiful and full of little pockets and surprises=)!

Diane Hodrick said...

Hi Amy,
I love your mini! The pockets and tags and that paper! It all comes together perfectly. What a great mini! I am sure your partner loved it!
Diane

Chris said...

this is gorgeous!! i hope that she loved it!!

Angela said...

This is WAY COOL, Amy!!! I have never heard of one of these...I want to try this!