Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Halloween is Right Around the Corner!

Hello, everyone!  My favorite time of year, fall, is here. And my second favorite holiday is not far off!  Close To My Heart came out with a wonderful Halloween paper pack this year called Scaredy Cat.  This is one of the layouts we well be doing for my September Scrapbook Club.  Usually we do a Workshop on the Go, but there wasn't one for this particular paper pack, so I came up with my own.  


For these pages I used the Scaredy Cat Paper Packet X7185B, Scaredy Cat Complements X7185C (darling kraft cardstock stickers), White Enamel Stars Z2010, and Black Enamel Stars Bulk362.  I also used Black, Sunset, and Thistle ink pads, and the stamp set Halloween Greetings D1605.


The page bases are Whisper, included in the packet.  I used the stickers to spell out my title.


I stamped the pumpkin and cut it out.  The little gravestone sticker makes a perfect journaling piece.


The haunted house was cut using CTMH Artbooking at 6" (NOT real dial size).  I wish I had made it a little bigger.  I backed the windows with Sunset CS (included in the paper pack).


The spider web border is also from Artbooking, cut at 11" (again, not RDS) from Thistle CS (in pack).  I sponged the edges with black ink.  I needed 3 border sections for my LO.


The enamel stars I colored with my Copic markers.  There is a Scaredy Cat Assortment Z3011 that has enamel stars already in Sunset, Thistle and Black, plus some punched pewter shapes, but I wanted to experiment with coloring the stars with Copics.  You get kind of a swirly effect with the Copics--not a solid color.

Thanks for dropping by today!  If anything here strikes your fancy, you can order it from me by clicking on the button at the top of my blog.  Come back tomorrow to see the second layout using the Scaredy Cat Paper Pack.

0 comments: