Another crafty project I did this Christmas season was to make ornaments with our youth group at church. The youth group will be doing a mission trip next summer and my friend Jennifer got an idea to have the youth group make ornaments to sell to the congregation for a fundraiser. Our youth pastor was on board. Jennifer found these neat black metal stars and had seen an idea on Two Peas in a Bucket that we adapted for the stars. Of course I had plenty of retired Christmas DP and tons of Christmas stamps. So I gathered up a bunch of stuff and the youth spent 2 Sunday afternoons working on ornaments. I'm not sure how many we wound up with, but we had two different sizes of stars and we doubled some of them up. I know it was more than 50. We charged more for the larger ones and the double ones. I think we sold most of them and made around $350, which will really help with their mission trip.
I also had plenty of ribbon to use for hangers. We used my Crop-o-dile to punch holes through the metal stars. One young lady proved to be a great ornament designer. The abobe ornament is one that she did.
The ornaments were NOT perfect--needless to say--but the finished product did look nice and we got lots of compliments from people.
Some of the stamps are SU and some are PTI. The little wooden shapes are from Michael's. They are awesome!
The youth used a white paint pen to write "AUMC Youth 2013" on the backs of the ornaments.
Jennifer and I were pleased with how well this went and are thinking along the lines of doing something similar next year.
Thanks for dropping by today--and I think that's my last Christmas-related post! On to Valentine's and Easter!