Thursday, January 20, 2011

Armadillo Valentine

This card is for 2 Cricut challenges, Jitterbuggin', where you had to use brown, plus one accent color, and a bow; and Bitten by the Bug 2, where you had to use either the armadillo or bird from Birthday Bash. My sister loves all things Western, including armadillos (cute ones anyway, not the real thing LOL). So I will send her this Valentine. I also used Skipping Stones Designs sketch #60; you can see it HERE. I used Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, and Regal Rose (cheek) for the armadillo. Heart is cut from Pretty in Pink using Wild Card. I cuttlebugged the shell and background.
The pink patterned strip at the bottom is from a set of stickers that SU put out a long time ago, at the same time as the DP actually. I really like this card, and I think my sis will too. I'm going to make her another one with the armadillo wearing a cowboy hat that says Howdy Partner, or some such. Thanks for dropping by today!

11 comments:

Angela said...

This is really cute, Amy! You really rocked the challenges! Love all the texture from the CB....

Unknown said...

OMGoodness this card is so very cute. I love it;)

Karen Pinsonat said...

what a precious valentine! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

Chris said...

this is adorable! your sis will love it.

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Love the Brown and Pink...Cute..Thanks for joining us at BBTB2...Krista

Jeri said...

What a little cutie you created. Thanks for playing along with the armadillo challenge at BBTB2.

Jen said...

Stinkin' adorable!

Carole Beath said...

A very darling card. I love your sweet Armadillo. Thanks for joining us at our BBTB2 challenge.
Carole

Sherri said...

Adorable, adorable little armadillo. The patterns make him look quilted almost.....wonderful!

Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

Banu said...

Adorable card. The cuttlebugged armadillo is just way too cute. I think he would look great with a cowboy hat. Cannot wait to see that card. COOL :)

A Little Time said...

Oh, oh, oh, this is cute!! Who knew armadillos could be cute and then even cuter on pink? Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.