Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Daffodil Sympathy

I made this card for a swap I'm in on the Cricut MB.  They do swaps differently over there than on SCS.  On the Cricut MB you do partner swaps.  You're assigned a partner and they tell you what they want (within the theme of the swap) and you send it to them.  And vice versa.  The theme was large cards.  My partner wanted 2 sympathy, 2 adult birthday, and 1 child birthday.  Over the next couple of weeks I'll be posting the results here.


All my cards measure 8.5" x 5.5"--a whole sheet of CS folded in half.  This card is a variation on the Easter cards I made for the shut-in members of our congregation.  The difference is, instead of the upper, smaller butterfly there was a cut that sait "He is risen".  The cartridges I used here are Art Nouveau (daffodil) and MS Elegant Cakes (butterflies).  The leaves use Old Olive and Certainly Celery, and the flowers use PTI's Lemon Tart and SU's Whisper White for the centers.  I sponged the lemon with a darker yellow around the edges and the white with a pale yellow for a little more realism. The leaves are also sponged, and I added yellow Stickles to the flowers and butterfly antennae.  The inside is stamped with a large PTI sentiment.  Many of the layers here are popped up.

Hope you all enjoyed this card!  Thanks for dropping by!

3 comments:

Chris said...

this is very pretty!! love the daffodil cut!!

Jen said...

Beautiful...I love the layers to the diecuts...it really adds to the images!

Angela said...

Delicate and gorgeous!