Saturday, April 20, 2013

Thinking of You

Okay, everyone, RUN, do not walk, to Michael's and buy some of these AMAZING laser cut wooden shapes from their Recollections brand.  They are SO sweet!  On these I inked the edges with Old Olive and then sprayed them with shimmer mist, though you can't see the shimmer in the pic.  The BG is long-retired Stipple Plaid, and I embossed the sentiment.  I think this would be a perfect thinking of you card for a guy, and not bad for a woman either.


They have several styles of shapes.  I got the leaves, some garden critters, like bees and snails, and some butterflies in all different sizes.  You can stamp on them, ink them, etc.  One caveat:  if you are going to spray them, do that first and let it dry.  I stamped some script on a large butterfly and then sprayed it and the ink smudged, even though I used STAZ ON.  But my shimmer mist was alcohol based, so there you go.  My bad.

Thanks for dropping by today!  I plan to craft today until it warms up a bit and then the hubs and I are going to work in the yard.  Hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

Angela said...

This is gorgeous! So funny that you should mention Michael's wooden shapes...as I was blurging this morning, someone else had used some too....

Chris said...

wow this is very pretty!! i love those leaf shapes, have to check them out!!

Unknown said...

Okay, you totally have me sold on these wooden cuts I will check the out the next time I get to town:)
This card is just stunning!

Jen said...

Love this! I keep seeing...and I think I have some wooden cuts...thanks for the inspiration!