Monday, August 22, 2011

Old-Time Train

I borrowed this retired SU set from my friend Karen. It's called Happiness is a Journey. I adore this image and can't imagine why I didn't get it when I had the chance. I stamped the image on black with Vanilla Craft ink and embossed with clear EP. Card Base is Confetti Cream. DP and metal fastener are SU. You can't tell in the pic but I pierced the upper left hand corner of the Basic Black layer.
I'm going to make several more cards with this set before I give it back to Karen. I've seen lots of great examples using this set and the soot stamping technique, which I've never tried. Thanks for dropping by--have a wonderful Monday!

6 comments:

Chris said...

a beautiful card! i love how you did the image!

Unknown said...

This is cool Amy I also love how you did the train and the entire card flows. Wait, I can faintly hear the whistle;) LOVE IT!

Angela said...

Great man card...I'll bet that embossing looks stunning in real life!

Jen said...

Very cool! Love the image paired with the dp & metal fastener.

Karen D' said...

I love this card. I'm glad I loaned you my stamp, now I can CASE you.

Michele Lourenco said...

very pretty card. Make a for a great masculine card