Monday, August 15, 2011

Stamp Club Swap Using NEW In Colors

Good morning! This is the swap card I made for my stamp club meeting. I totally cased the card on p. 178 of the current Idea Book and Catalog--it was too pretty to resist. Card Base is Pool Party, main image is stamped on Whisper White, and the "lace" trim is Wisteria Wonder. Large flower outline and sentiment (from Pocket Silhouettes) is stamped in Island Indigo, interior is Pool Party. Calypso Coral was used for the two flowers on the ends--I stamped off for the solid part. The purple flower outline is Elegant Eggplant and the interior is Wisteria Wonder. Stems and leaves are stamped in Lucky Limeade. I pierced the edge rather than sewing it (too lazy to get out the machine!). For the "lace" I used my eyelet border punch and ran it through the crimper. Then I flipped the image over, added some sticky strip to the edge, and pressed the trim into place. I popped the main image up, since it wouldn't lie flat anyway! The ribbon is some retired SU narrow organdy ribbon that is a perfect match for the WW.
I like all the new IC's except for WW. The only purple they have right now that I like is Elegant Eggplant. I really liked Lavender Lace and Lovely Lilac that they got rid of a couple of years ago. Oh, well, maybe it will grow on me. The rest of the IC's are not THAT different from some other SU colors--Pool Party is quite close to Cool Caribbean, Lucky Limeade is close to Kiwi Kiss for example.

That's it for me today--hope you get some stamping time in today. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Michele Lourenco said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous.
I love the colors and this stamp. I circled it on the catty but wasn't sure of whether or not to purchase!

Chris said...

very pretty!! love the image!!

Banu said...

Beautiful card Amy. Loved the colors and the the border. I was thinking of getting this stamp set, but then did not, but loved what you have done with this stamp set.

Karen D' said...

I love this card, soft and classy.