Monday, August 15, 2011

Old West Tri-fold Card

Hi, all! I decided to play along with a couple of challenges today--Cricut 360 (Old West) and She's a Sassy Lady (scene). I used my Gypsy and She's a Sassy Lady's trifold card tutorial to create this card. I welded some rectangles (Plantin Schoolbook) and the arched shape (Gypsy Wanderings maybe? Not sure.) with my G. I then welded the coyote and saguaro shapes to the rectangles. Card base is Night of Navy textured CS.
I made front and back layers for the welded icons (coyote 2.5" in Basic Gray, saguaro 3" in Wild Wasabi) by flipping them. I also used my Cricut markers for added definition. I love those things--they are so fun!
I used my OLD Creative Memories curvy cutter to make some sand dunes, then traced over my rectangles and trimmed. I wheeled the sand dunes (Sahara Sand) with my SU Texture Jumbo wheel and Sahara Sand ink and sponged the edges. I also stamped a paisley pattern on the bandana. I punched a 1 3/4 " circle out of yellow glitter CS (DCWV) for the moon.
I was originally going to use the phrase "missing Youuuu... but then I remembered my sister's birthday is in a few days and she LOVES all things western, so I went with a howling birthday sentiment. I used the Jandles font (Lettering Delights).
I had an absolute blast making this card! Hope you like it too!

7 comments:

Sabine said...

Wow. This card is so cute. I love the sand dunes and the coyote.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh, this card is WONDERFUL!!!! Love the scene and the color! WOW WOW WOWEEEEEE! Love it! Thanks for playing along at She's A Sassy Lady today!

Unknown said...

Like it I LOVE IT! Amy this is a wonderful scene and looks great with this fold. Super job on this beauty;)

Angela said...

Wow, this is very cool! It looks so professional the way you have flipped the images so the back looks "finished" too...great job!

Chris said...

this is awesome!! i love the different folds!! very cool!

Banu said...

WOW Amy, this card turned out just ab fab. Loved all those folds and the color combo. Really neat!!!!

SherriC. said...

ahhhh this is just adorable!!!!!
I am so addicted to Sheila's Tri-Fold Cards......
I love the shape...TFS!!!!