Tuesday, August 16, 2011

You Rock!

I made this card for a friend who is actually paying me to make her some cards! I'm so excited. Quite honestly it's not about the money--it's more about the appreciation. She wanted hot pink and animal prints and I was lucky enough to find some hot pink, glittery zebra stripe at Mike's. It is very heavy--chipboard weight. I cut it twice on the Cricut using my deep blade at the highest settings--and it worked!
Cartridge is Rock Princess--you'd think they'd have the phrase "you rock" somewhere in a cart with that title, wouldn't you? But no. Luckily they have this cute heart font, and I had some cute black heart rhinestones to embellish with. Card base is SU Basic Black. The inside has a white CS star. I used my Cri-kits pens to outline the star and stamped Happy Birthday with PTI's Birthday Basics. Hope she and the recipient like it. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Congrats about the card order! I know what you mean, it feels good to have somebody want to buy our cards! This is fabulous...love all that glitter!

Chris said...

very cool about the card gig!! always nice to know someone out there appreciates what we do!! your card is super cool!!

Banu said...

WOW Amy, you "rocked" this card. Loved it. So beautiful. So much of detail on it. You have to do a tutorial on how to outline with the cricut pens and then cut it out. Because I have those pens and I never use them.

Jen said...

Wow!That is one rockin' card! Very cool!