Sunday, August 14, 2011

PTI Swap over on SCS

Hey, all, my fave group of swapping stampers is up to their usual tricks! You can read all about it HERE. This first card is for the Autumn Splendor category. I used my Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge to cut out the card base and patterned layer. Nesties were used for the focal image. Stamp set is PTI's Fall Elegance from last year. I decided to use masking on this card--an old technique, but a goodie. I built up my little fall flourish and cut it out (arrghh! see how much I love these gals?!) and popped it up over the top of the focal point. Card base is PTI cream. Scalloped oval layer is SU Really Rust. I embellished with a couple of Dew Drops. This patterned paper by PTI is pretty much my fave paper ever--love the rich glowing colors and the lovely patterns.
This card is for the regular cards category. Card base is SU Crumb Cake, stamp set is Love Lives Here. I die cut the little house from PTI cream, then stamped it with Crumb Cake and PTI Pure Poppy ink. I die cut the Mat Stack 1 die and embossed it with PTI's wood grain impression plate. Scalloped layer is done with Nesties out of Pure Poppy CS. Patterned paper is PTI; border punch, eyelets (ret.), and gingham ribbon (ret.) are all SU. I'm so please with how this turned out! I hope whoever gets them is pleased as well.
There were some other categories that I didn't join. I did join the die cut swap and did Tiny Tags and Love Lives Here dies for my spots. So excited to see what I get back--it's just like Christmas when I get this swap back! Thanks for stopping by--have a great day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Amy, I love both of these. The top cricut cut is beautiful;) I love that dp also.

Imke said...

Amy, your cards are beautiful ! The first one is really cool with this pretty DP and the edges.
The second is a perfect CAS card. I love that and i love Red and Craft together. You really did a great job !!

Jen said...

Oh Amy that Autumn Slepndor card is so beautiful! Love the edge on the front flap! The house one is adorable....love the colors!

Chris said...

these turned out gorgeous!! that fall one is beyond fabulous!! i better get one of those suckers!!

Angela said...

They're both great, Amy...my favorite is the Pure Poppy/Crumb Cake though...really striking color combo!